As defined by Appendix B of the RALC By-Laws, the committees of RALC consist of:
- Executive Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Public Services Committee
- Richmond Area Media Co-op Committee
- Technical Services Committee
Duties of RALC Committee Chairs
- Contact all committee members for correct email and phone numbers. Update the RALC Wiki with any new information.
- Attend RALC Board Meetings held in January, April and October each year. Take notes to present to your committee and give a report to Directors of your committee’s activities.
- Plan meetings:
- Send announcements of meetings via email and also through Courier Service in print. (If Directors receive a written meeting announcement at their Board meeting, more people attend.)
- Minutes of your meetings should be approved by members (email is fine) and posted on the the RALC Wiki
- At the end of each meeting's agenda, it’s good to have sharing and question time. Everyone learns from this.
- Review your committee's mission and revise as necessary.
- Through your committee, decide what program to sponsor. RALC encourages one per committee per year.
- Complete a Program Proposal and send to Paul Porterfield. This form is on-line at the RALC Web page and easy to complete.
- Send announcements to all committee members and Library Directors in plenty of time for planning.
- Print the Program Evaluation Forms and have all participants complete these. Turn in to Paul Porterfield.
- After the program, complete the RALC Follow-up Program Report and present at the next Director’s Meeting.