Reynolds Library provides group study rooms to current students, faculty, and staff for collaborative learning projects, small meetings, advising, tutoring sessions, or other academic activities. All study rooms are equipped with wireless Internet access and white boards.
The Downtown Campus has three group study rooms, the Goochland Campus has one group study room, and Parham Road Campus has eight group study rooms. Each room can accommodate four to six people.
The following regulations are designed to provide fair access to the study rooms and to ensure responsible use.
• Group study rooms are available for currently enrolled Reynolds students, faculty, and staff in good standing with the library.
• Group study rooms can be used for academic and college-related activities only.
• A student, faculty or staff ID needs to be presented at the time of check out.
• Due to high demand, group study rooms are available only on a first come, first served basis.
• Groups of two or more students have priority over individual users. Individual users will need to vacate the rooms for groups when no other group study rooms are available, unless the individual users have overriding justifications for special accommodations. Please notify the library staff if you have special accommodation needs and provide a copy of your Office of Student Accommodations Request for Services form to the library staff.
• Groups may use the rooms for a two hour time slot. Additional time may be available if there are no other requests for use.
• Users engaged in inappropriate or disruptive behavior violating the College's learning environment principles will be asked to vacate the room. Users will be liable for any damage done to the room or equipment. Equipment that is not working should be reported to the library staff.
• Rooms must be kept in clean condition.
• Users must keep the room lights on, the windows uncovered, the door unblocked at all times.
• All study rooms should be vacated no later than 15 minutes before the library closes.
• If study room is left vacant, it may be reassigned.
Library employees are authorized to remove users from a group study room for any violation of these policies and may contact campus police if necessary to handle disruptive patrons.