We hope you had a nice relaxing break, and are ready to get started with the new semester! We’ve got a variety of ways to help you ease back into the flow of things.
Library Workshops –
Sign up for a FREE library workshop in a variety of areas. To sign up, view workshop dates and times or see longer descriptions of each workshop, see our website. Be sure to ask your professors if you can get extra credit for attending!
- Research the Smart Way – Learn how to get started with researching topics for upcoming assignments.
- Cite it Right – APA Style – Learn how to identify parts of a citation and how to cite a variety of print and online resources in APA format
- Cite it Right – MLA Style – Learn how to identify parts of a citation and how to cite a variety of print and online resources in MLA format
- Finding Articles Online – Learn the quick and easy way to search for articles through the library databases.
- Finding Books Online – Learn about the wide range of book collections available to you.
- Is this Web Site Credible? – Learn the specific criteria for evaluating web sites including: accuracy, authority, currency, objectivity, and coverage.
- Microsoft Word and PowerPoint 2007 Basics – Learn the basics of how to use Word and PowerPoint.
- Resume Basics – Using LearningExpress Library and Microsoft Word, learn to create a resume to help you on the job hunt.
New Course Guides
We’re always adding course guides to our online system, LibGuides. Be sure to check to see if there’s a guide to help you complete your research. We’ve got guides to help you go green, find a job, become a better writer, and more.
We’re Here To Help
As always, we’re here to help. Give us a call or email, or stop by the desk with any questions you might have.
Good luck this semester! We look forward to working with you!